Friday, July 30, 2010

"No one, and I mean no one, comes into our house and pushes us around."



The above title is a quote from one of my favorite football movies of all time. Love football, always have..... love that time of year when the air is crisp. Love the sound of football on TV while the smell of meatballs are cooking in the kitchen, my meatballs of course :)
Although I hate for the summer to end I look forward to the upcoming season of football and my involvement in fantasy football. I am commissioner of one league and I have my own team on another. I love playing the game and I especially love competing against the "guys".....see I am in a league made up of mostly men. I was the 2009 league champion in a league of 12 and me being THE ONLY female to represent that year. What a high that was....beating all 11 guys...whoo hoo.
One owner said to me, "tough loss, especially to a "girl", LOL....get over it dude I whooped your butt!!
I love picking my team, picking up free agents and get that new prospect before some of the men find him as I did with Marques Colston...thank you very much *she grins*.
So it is getting close to that time once again to start thinking of who I will draft, in what round, etc. Now the past few years it has become a "new" trend to take a QB in the first round....did not agree with that, still don't.....a top ranked QB does not get you a sure win. Case in point the year Tom Brady went down, boy that hurt that owner who took him in the first round.
In my opinion I feel you need to lock in a high level back up QB in addition to getting a decent starter but not in the first round. More important to lock in your running backs and wide receivers first.
I am excited about the new season and very excited that my husbands article will be coming back, The Morning After, no it is not about the birth control pill! It's his rant, rave, opinions, and unique insights to all things Eagles. And boy do I love the ride.......you can find the article The Morning After every Eagles game exclusively on Philly2Philly.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment